Thursday, April 07, 2005

Ok, here's some actual info.

I didn't want to really talk specifics until we were more or less finished working with it, but an email from one of you prompted me to not be so tight-lipped about it. So here.

There has been some odd intermittent flickering (haven't opened it up yet so the quality of the connections may be to blaim?) as well as the occasional 'stutter' (freeze for a moment then continue, sometimes disrupting play). Also twice while playing last, the character moved back left on it's own at just the wrong time to take a life. The controller itself may have issues and I tried it briefly with the other one and it hasn't happened again yet.

I'm holding back on the audio until we know what we're looking at. Because of the specific frequencies of sound the NES systems use they are pretty easy to pick out in a spectral graph so we can look at what else is in there.

After normal testing and we open it, we will then clean the NES properly and see what behaviours change. Since the reason we are doing this is for everyone's curiousity I suppose it doesn't make since for me to be all secretive. Ok till later.

6 Comments:

Blogger rowdy said...

That sounds like some good solid scientific testing you're doing there. Nice job.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with it all!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm assuming that the lack of action on this webpage is because nothing paranormal has been discovered with the NES

9:27 PM  
Blogger Charles in Charge said...

Dude. You're crazy. First off, I doubt there is any way a game system could be haunted. I see no reason why in the first place a spirit would jump into an NES and start screwing with it to get back at anyone, except probably Mario himself.

11:15 AM  
Blogger James said...

Yeah. You know how those 15-year-old ghosts hate Mario. They just want to cleave his head right off.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't leave me now! I will always love you, and we will always have Mexico.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home